CHICAGO PUMPING PLANT
AMPED I completed the design for activating a remote 138kV line oil pump based on substation line load. The cooling pump was started when set line current was met. AMPED I’s technical role included:
• Communication between an SEL 751 &
SEL 2830 over single mode fiber.
• Automated start and stop of cooling pump
• Wiring Diagrams
• Interconnection Diagrams & Cable Schedules
• As-built documentation
• Site Visit
Our services for this power infrastructure project finished in February of 2014.
AMPED I provides exceptional design and engineering services for the power transmission and distribution industry including:
• Protection and Control Design: One Lines, Three Lines, AC/DC Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, SCADA/RTU and related documents.
• Communications: Fiber, Power Line Carrier, Audio Tone, Microwave, JMUX and other communication means.
• Project Management, Calculations, Commissioning, Coordination.