ILLINOIS SMART GRID/INTELLIGENT SUBSTATION
AMPED I replaced all existing substation relaying with new microprocessor devices in order to create this intelligent substation in Illinois. AMPED I’s technical role in upgrading the substations includes:
• DC Interlock
• 2 Line Carriers
• 17 Feeder Relaying
• 5 Bus Relaying
• 3 Transformer Relaying
• Transformer Overload Relief (TOR)
• Transformer Voltage Regulation
• Bus Sectionalizing
• New Batteries and Battery Monitoring
• DC Distribution Panels
• Wiring Diagrams
• Circuit Schedule
• Conduit Schedule
• Fiber Panels
• Document Management
This smart grid upgrade will enable the client to monitor the metering load flow and status of the substations in real time. The cost-effective upgrades offer a return on investment by creating a more efficient power system throughout the county.
Our services for this power infrastructure project began in August 2012 and were completed by the end of 2012.
AMPED I provides exceptional design engineering services for the power transmission and distribution industry including:
• Protection and Control Design: One Lines, Three Lines, AC/DC Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, SCADA/RTU and related documents.
• Communications: Fiber, Power Line Carrier, Audio Tone, Microwave, JMUS and other communication means.
• Project Management, Calculations, Commissioning, Coordination.