MIDWESTERN SUBSTATION UPGRADE
AMPED I provided the protection and control design for a new 345kv substation buses constructed next to an existing 138kv substation. The 138kv substation also needed to be upgraded in order to meet client’s requirement. The upgrade at existing 138kv substation included splitting the existing 2 x 138kv buses into a 3 x 138kv buses that required one additional 138kv bus tiebreaker to be added. The 138kv primary breaker as well as the addition of 6 x 138kv single bus-POT’s was also part of the new design upgrade.
• 1 x 345kv MOD control
• 1 x 345/138kv transformer protective and monitoring relaying
• 1 x 345kv line package relaying
• 3 x 345kV line potential transformers (POT’s) connection to relays
• 3 x 345kv single pole breakers control and relaying
• 3 x 138kv breakers control and relaying
• 3 x 138kv bus (new split) bus protection relaying
• Transformer voltage regulation
• DC distribution panels
• Wiring diagrams
• Circuit schedule
• Conduit schedule
• Grounding plan for the new 345kv substation
• Grounding plan for the new 138kv equipment at the existing 138kv substation and connection to the new grounding of the new 345kv substation
• Fiber Panels
• Document Management
This project will enable the client to ensure the reliability of the electric transmission system.
Our services for this power infrastructure project began in April 2013 and were completed by the end of March 2014.
AMPED I provides exceptional design and engineering services for the power transmission and distribution industry including:
• Protection and Control Design:One Lines, Three Lines, AC/DC Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, SCADA / RTU and related documents
• Communications: Fiber, Power Line Carrier, Audio Tone, Microwave, JMUX and other communication means.
• Project Management, Calculations, Commissioning, Coordination Civil/ Structural.