Intelligent Smart Substation Upgrades
Integrated Substation Design
AC Auxiliary Power System Analysis
AC Auxiliary Power System Design
- Four IEC61850 Compliant Intelligent Substations.
- Fire and Security integration for both communications, SCADA, as well as power requirements.
- Evaluate Battery System vs. continuous and momentary loads of battery and charger to support substation or communication equipment loads. Calculations are based on either utility standards, manufacturer requirements, or IEEE standards for battery calculations and charger sizing..
- Review the existing battery system for meeting requirements of utility. Many older battery systems do not incorporate the latest utility standards or best practices for Non-Metallic Conduit, Routing of Battery and Charger lead, disconnects of battery system, etc.
- Evaluate AC Auxiliary Power system for adequacy of current and ultimate station equipment loading. Update Automatic Transfer Switches where required and size appropriate to station loading. Evaluation of station service transformers. Coordination of fuses and circuit breakers for time and overcurrent in station Auxiliary Power System.
- Normal / Emergency design contingencies. Sizing, loading, throwover, etc.
- Installation of Substation switchyard equipment to include but not limited to Power Transformers, Circuit Breakers, Disconnect Switches, Circuit Switchers, Potential Transformers, CCVT’s, and Free-Standing Combination CT/PT’s as well as Current Transformers. Support for the above with Conduit, Grounding, and subcontracted Civil/ Structural.
- We use our trusted partners that we have worked with for more than 7 years to assist us in this area.
- Created Substation Operating Procedures for new substations / new equipment. This gave operators a guide on how to take equipment out of service and return equipment to service safely.