The scope of work for the expansion of the 100kV substation consisted of upgrading all the existing protection/control relays for the entire site. This included the installation of a new control house in which Amped I provided the design for six and a half new relay panels.
The design involved three 100kV lines (breaker and a half configuration), one 69kV line, one 100/69kV Auto Transformer, one 100/12.5kV Transformer, six new 12.5kV feeders and two 100kV buses.
AMPED I’s technical role in upgrading the substation included:
- Installation of 5 Panels for Relaying
- Power Wiring Diagrams
- AC/DC Panelboard
- Control House Layout
- New & Revised Remote Wiring Diagram for Breaker
- Control House Wall Wiring Diagram
- Supervisory Schematics and Wiring for New Breaker Alarms
- Revise Panel Wiring Diagram
- Revise 160kV Breaker and Line Schematic Drawings
For this project the following relays were included:
- (4) SEL-411Ls (one for each line)
- (2) SEL-487Es (one for each transformer)
- (2) SEL-487Bs (one for each bus)
- (7) SEL-351S7 (six feeders and one for the underfrequency load shed)
- (3) SEL-2522 (SCADA)
- (1) SEL Axion (SCADA)
• (1) SEL-2440 RTAC (SCADA
Amped I designed and provided the new schematics package for IFA along with the associated demolition drawings. Amped I incorporated all comments on the schematics package prior the IFC submittal. Amped I also designed the wiring drawings package and submitted for IFC.
AMPED I provides exceptional design engineering services for the power transmission and distribution industry including:
- Protection and Control Design:
One Lines, Three Lines, AC/DC Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, SCADA/RTU and related documents.
Fiber, Power Line Carrier, Audio Tone, Microwave, JMUX and other communication means.